New cpu and motherboard

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by seim223, Jun 12, 2014.

1. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

I bought an i3 4330 and an asrock b85 pro4 i have 5gb ram and an ati radeon 5670 i've been told that my 5670 would work with the new mb but when i opened the pc i could hear the start up sounds etc but the screen stayed black.

Am i missing something cus i just changed to my old setup and it works or they are not compatible ?And if my 5670 wont work with my new motherboard what graphic card should i buy for 100-150 euro?

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Too bad you ask after you bought.

Anyway 5670 should work with that MB. Power connector issue? Is there power connector on Radeon 5670? I expect no.

3. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

So it works now all i had to do was unplug the hdmi from my monitor put it in again and it worked...But now my ati 5670 shows as intel hd graphics 4670 any idea how i can fix that i tryed their automatic updater but it wont work

4. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

That was hapening cus i had it in the mb but when i put the hdmi in the graphic card the screen stays black...

5. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Disable integrated graphics from BIOS or set init display first etc to PCI Express card.

6. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

in bios i went to advanced chipset and it had "pci express" chosen the thing is everytime i change my hdmi from mb to graphic's card the screen goes black mb the 5670 isnt compatible?

7. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Try other connectors than HDMI.

8. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

I did use a vga on the motherboard from another screen and it worked and i used the same vga with a 12pin extension i think (its the white entry on the 5670 i think) and it didnt work

9. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Amd that video card worked on another setup? I still suspect it has something to do with integrated graphics 8and that motherboard is trying to use integrated). While that may be compatibility problem, that kind of problems are very rare. Doesn't mean it cannot be reason of course but probably something else.

10. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

Ye the 5670 worked on an asus p5p43td i went to bios-advanced chipset and it had pci express as a priority

11. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

So they gave me annother mb asrock z87 pro3 everything works fine u put the hdmi in the 5670 monitor works pc recognises i have an ati 5670...but when i put one screw in the motherboard when i try to turn on the pc it opens for 1sec closes and i get this smell of something burning pc works fine when i dont have any screws in the mb

12. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

You DO have something like this between case and motherboard? http://img.bhs4.com/b2/5/b2564e13c512abbe8bc565c14d3b568a3bb0c9a7_large.jpg

13. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

14. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Well, maybe that vieo card has compatibility problem.

However that smell of burning sounds dangerous. What PSU?

15. seim223

seim223 Geek Trainee

Everything works fine now mb gpu cpu everythng the burn smell hapend 1-2 times when my mb got realy close to the case it went away after 2-3min there is no smell now but i've been told i might have damaged some parts how can i check that ?

16. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Just smelling something is burning may not damage parts. If everything works fine, then you probably did not damage anything badly.