New iPhone 3G Announced - Price? $199!

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by cooessll12, Jun 11, 2008.

1. cooessll12

cooessll12 Guest

Finally! the biggest Apple rumor of this year has come to an end taking the shape of reality...

It includes a built-in GPS, dramatically improved audio, solid metal buttons, insanely long battery life, normal headphone jack, and web browsing is 36% faster than any other 3G phone.

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

$199 and a monthly contact is it not?

tbh, i would not spend that much money (incl the contract) on a device the manufacturer try to stop me from having complete control of... I'm waiting for something Android based!

3. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I got the first generation iPhone, but I'm gonna go to the US to buy the 3G because you can't get one without a subscription here unfortunately...

4. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

I think you can get it on O2 pay as you go.... but it will cost a fortune, and it will be locked to 02 (as far as i know they can only legally keep the phone locked for one year, after that its considered anti-competitive)

5. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Yeah £269 I heard on PAYG O2!! As I've said before, I'd much rather have a Nokia smartphone, such as the N95.

People are complaining about the camera in the new iPhone, about how it's only 2 megapixels. Fools! A 5 megapixel cameraphone is totally crap. The number megapixels are only a small factor, the lens and sensor size are more important. A cameraphone only uses a tiny sensor (CCD). This means there is a significant reduction on quality over a bigger CCD.

I'd be happy with a phone with no camera, because I have a Nikon D40 SLR. :D A bargain at £300 + £200 for the new lens I want.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I bought the 1st Gen iPhone for £269 on O2, £45 a month and each month I've averaged about 200MB Data, on a normal contract @ £3 per MB that'd be £600, on my iPhone, £0.

I've registered my interest with O2 for the new one, I think I'll go for the 16GB model in white :D

Can't wait!

7. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I paid €500 for the 8 GB model (simlock free, without a contract). Each month I pay €27 + €9 for unlimited internet access with Vodafone.

8. lonetcrystal

lonetcrystal Geek Trainee

With fast 3G wireless technology, GPS mapping, support for enterprise features like Microsoft Exchange, and the new App Store, iPhone 3G puts even more features at your fingertips. The iPhone software update contains many bug fixes and improvements. Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
    Improved performance in text messaging. Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display.
    ----------------
    Lonet

Search Engine Optimization

9. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

Hey thats pretty cool. Out with the old and in with the new. :chk: