Nice skt 939 deal...

Discussion in 'Bargain Zone' started by Exfoliate, May 15, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

These two boards stuck me as being quite the deals: nForce 4 SLI, and nForce 4. Tell me if they're any good too if you like, usually if it seems too good to be true than it really is.

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I don't know much about Biostar other than they make cheap boards. I personally wouldn't buy one.

3. fatdog

fatdog Geek Trainee

i havent had good luck with biostar boards.

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yea dont go with biostar man, stick to the big brands, id recommend the MSI Neo-4 SLI or my A8N SLI, they seem to be the fastest

and don't go with the DFI, alot of people have had problems with that board, a good deal on this site too

As for ECS i don't like it because its FSB doesn't release the full potential of the AMD chips unless you can oc it to 2k (good luck haha)

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If you want a cheap nForce 4 board, the Chaintech VNF4 Ultra seems to be a nice choice. The DFI NF4's can be kinda tricky to setup with all the BIOS options available to you and you do need to be careful about what power supply you use (although I'd be careful about the PSU on any motherboard). If you're not into heavy overclocking, you can probably pass on the DFI's, but if that's your main goal, you're going to be hard pressed to find the options on it. Do your own research.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks guys, appreciated, actaually I forgot I even had this thread, though I do plan to do a major upgrade this summer, gfx, ram, psu, mobo, heck probably the cpu as well.