"No Device Found" on Networked Printer

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by aaronnechama, Mar 18, 2009.

1. aaronnechama

aaronnechama Geek Trainee

I have an HP Officejet 6300 All in One on my home network. One day the printer was suddenly dropped from the network, and I had to manually search for it again to add it. After doing so, the HP Solution Center software on my PC gives the error message "No HP Devices Have Been Detected - HP Solution Center will close now". I have tried reinstalling the software, but the fix is only temporary. HP Support is clueless. What to do?

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

does the printer work ? to test this print a test page from to printer (instructions in manual) assuming it does try installing it manually (control panel)

3. aaronnechama

aaronnechama Geek Trainee

Yes, the printer does indeed work and I am able to print from it using the Windows Vista print function. However, the HP Solution Center that offers me advanced options with my printer, like copying faxing and scanning, is not working. As I said the printer is on a network, and the HP Solution Center unexpectedly closes when I open the program. The printer is active on the network - Windows explorer shows me that. I can't figure out the problem, and neither can the Indian technicians that HP assigns to the case. :chk:

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

just manually type the printers IP into the printer properties (on all system you want to use the printer) then your systems should throw prints to the printer

5. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Try this: Go to Printers in Control Panel and choose to add a new printer. Now choose to add a LOCAL printer (not Network Printer)m kaing sure that the auto-detect option is UNCHECKED. Then choose the 2nd option, to add a new port. Open the drop-down menu and choose Standard TCP/IP port. When you click on Next, a new wizard appears. Enter the IP address there, and click on Next. Now choose the network adapter that is used to connect to the printer on the network. Then keep pressing Next. De network printer should appear as a local printer.

And about the scanning features; it's not possible to use a scanner in a network, because the instructions need to be transferred directly over a USB cable. It might be possble that very expensive scanners have this feature, but most don't.

6. kevin_techno

kevin_techno Geek Trainee

Try power cycling both the switch and printer to restart negotiation.it sounds like you already used an IP address to access an embedded web server,but i would also say that using a static IP is a good idea.you can look on the hp download page for you printer and see if there is any updated versions for a software package or compare your version to what is there;there may be a patch or fix of some sort.