No Folding Farm :(

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by ProcalX, Mar 9, 2005.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I am sad to announce that i will not be completing my Folding Farm, after just finishing the whole thing last night, and merely awaiting the arrival of my network cable - to allow internet connectivity to send/receive results. A friend came round who i play rugby with and offered me £500 for 3 of them.

And so instead of running a even bigger electricity bill i'll be selling them and gaining my £500 :) It's a shame but i'd rather have the money :cool:

The 4th P4 hasn't got a working powersupply, so i'll see if i can find one somewhere, and have that as a second machine folding.

Sorry to disappoint anyone hoping to see the results. :(

2. Fred

Fred Moderator

Too bad! But the money will be nice, I'm sure :)

3. Addis

Addis The King

Oh well, sh!t happens.

4. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Yeh :) I think before i go i might literally make the final touches to my system and buy 1GB/2GB of 2-2-2-5 Corsair XL / Geil Ultra-X or G.Skill

then i really can't improve my system much more than i want it.

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

could have asked me, hehe, might have considered buying!

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Sniper - I still have them if you want, i can put the buyer off.

I have 3 fully working with XP / drivers / network ready - i'll even throw in my 10/100Mbps hub all patched and updated windows wise.

The 4th Pentium works perfectly but i still need to clean it up, and its missing a powersupply.

Make me an offer Sniper :) - consider that packaging is going to be quite alot! for 3 Pentium 4 Full Towers - they weigh exactly 2.1KG each and realistically i don't have enough boxing / packaging for this.