No sound

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Bobby_pro, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Bobby_pro

Bobby_pro Geek Trainee

ATI Radeon HD 5450 card is the video card installed in my PC. Everything was fine until I upgraded to windows 8. I have a Dell 27" Monitor which is connected to the card with HDMI. Now, I dont getany sound and it has been a mute experience with Windows 8.
    Of course, I have updated the drivers, AMD high definition. Tried the front and rear ports but the result is the same.

Help!

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Whats it say under Device manager ?? Under Sound ? And what did you upgrade from ? Windows 7 or XP ? Also is this Onboard sound or a card. ??

3. Bobby_pro

Bobby_pro Geek Trainee

Digital Output Device (HDMI), high definition audio device, working!

Onboard sound, Upgraded from Windows 8.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

How do you upgrade from having windows 8 to upgrade to windows 8 ?????? Sounds like the wrong driver...

5. Bobby_pro

Bobby_pro Geek Trainee

Edit: Windows 7.

I updated, reinstalled the driver and surprisingly all is fine now..except this.

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yea! Windows 8 is not User Friendly... I Would go back to Windows 7, It is a Better more stable OS... There is allot of bugs in Windows 8, and Since Microsoft
    Has already Begin working on Windows 9, I don't think Windows 8 will be around to long..

7. Bobby_pro

Bobby_pro Geek Trainee

It is user friendly. Change is good.. I am having hiccups but wont be fair to blame Microsoft for it.

8. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Most of my customers would Disagree,And Not all changes are good. But Good luck with your Problem...