Nothing special but look at the OS requirements

Discussion in 'Linux, BSD and Other OS's' started by zeus, Dec 10, 2008.

1. zeus

zeus out of date

µTorrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client

You wouldnt have seen this a couple of years ago. In fact I feel blessed whenever I see that Linux is supported on software.

Linux is multipling and will soon (wel, maybe not soon!) rule the world. maybe.

2. Fred

Fred Moderator

Yeah, I'm pretty happy when I see Linux is supported also. However, I don't see one on the link you gave.

It says:
    For Wine, Windows 95 (Winsock2), 98/ME, NT/2000, XP, 2003, Vista, and now Mac!

So basically it is telling me that the Wine programmers have got the program (wine) working well enough that the uTorrent works. TBH with you, it is kind of insulting to me as a linux user. It says "We don't care about you, but Wine does... congrats!" The scenario plays that plays out in my head is a linux user mentioning that uTorrent works with wine in their forums. An admin notices and tests this. It works, so they change the system requirements.

But that's just my opinion. And don't get me wrong, I would be happy if every MS program ran in Wine, but I'd much prefer they go through the bit of effort to port it.:(