Organizing Plastic Clips

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tjguitarz, Jul 19, 2007.

1. tjguitarz

tjguitarz Geek Trainee

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I'm looking forward to becoming part of your community.

I've been dealing with a lot of clutter under my desk related to wires. Lots and lots of wires. I wanted to organize and label them to let me know where they go, and I wanted to look for a plastic clip like the attached picture. Does anyone know what they are called and where I can find them?

In case you don't see how they work, you spin the arrowhead and insert it into the tiny slit at the bottom. Then it spins sideways and locks in the thinner area below the arrowhead.

Thanks a lot for the help.

TJ

[​IMG]

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Welcome to hardwareforums tjguitarz :beer:

I can't say i know where to get clips like the ones you describe, but would you not be able to use some sort of cable tie? (or even the small ties you use to tie up sandwich bags!)

3. eranga262154

eranga262154 Geek Trainee

First of all welcome to the forum:good:

May be he wants tie them working on it. As Impotence says, it is not good practice the tie up wires using such hard materials. Simply can caused the wire. If you really want, use a light weight string or a rubber strip.

And also, sorry that I really don't know that name of the clip.:chk:

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

While I couldn't name those clips either, my guess is that your best bet would involve a hardware or auto parts store.

5. tjguitarz

tjguitarz Geek Trainee

Hey guys, thanks for replying. I've searched around at hardware stores, but none of them have one. One guy said he remembered seeing those as wraps for bread...

About the other ties, I'm looking for this one because I like the idea of having a label. Plus, they should be cheap and reusable.

6. eranga262154

eranga262154 Geek Trainee

They can be harmful as well:doh:

7. Impotence

would something like THIS do? you could make your own out of double sided Velcro! (and there very reusable, and adjust to just about any size you could need)

8. tjguitarz

tjguitarz Geek Trainee

No, but thanks for the idea! It's definitely a good one.

9. Impotence

Is it just the label on the tags your looking for that makes them perfect? or have i missed something

10. tjguitarz

tjguitarz Geek Trainee

Well, I guess I've only told you part of the story. I'd like to use some of these at home, but mostly I'm getting them for work. They'll be strapped to some wires on an assembly line, so they have to be made cheap and easy to put on. There will probably be 300,000 for the assembly line, and maybe 100 for me :)

11. Impotence

so every penny you save per item is £300... well i can see why velcro isn't suitable!

12. tjguitarz

tjguitarz Geek Trainee

It's kind of funny because a 7 cent part will cost the company $21,000 -- and then $60,000 for the worker to put them on.

13. Impotence

$ :confused:

Have you got your registered country wrong? (in your profile) I've been looking for UK suppliers! :doh:

14. tjguitarz

tjguitarz Geek Trainee

:confused:

What now?