Passed my CompTIA Hardware exam

Discussion in 'IT Careers and Certification' started by RHochstenbach, Oct 4, 2007.

1. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I passed my CompTIA Hardware exam totday! Got 87% correct :D

2. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S buddy :D

3. RHochstenbach

4. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Congratulations RHochstenbach on passing the hardware exam of the A+! You should find the Operating System exam much easier.

I passed CompTIA A+ and N+ last year and they are valuable qualifications to hold. I think you may find it difficult to get an IT job on those qualifications alone, but they are a great stepping stone to a more prestigious exam such as MCSA/MSCE. Your A+ and N+ qualifications can even count as an elective towards your MCSA!

Good luck with the next exam!

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

:beer:congrats RH, real life experience means more than exam results to me, although, i know i'm wrong :meh:

6. RHochstenbach

Thanks guys :D

7. Tech

Tech Padawan

Hey RHochstenbach, congrats on the pass.

I'm probably in the same boat you were a month or so ago as I'm working up to doing the essentials exam but there are some aspects of the exam that just dont seem worth learning for a real world IT techinician. I dont really care how CD-Rs and CD-RWs actually work and I doubt a clinet will every need me to explain it to them either! Similarly I dont understand why we would need to know the stats for a early Pentium or even the Pentium II etc.

I don't think you are donkey!!! If you learn it from a book it just means you know where everything is and what it does but if you have the real world experience you're far more likely to understand it. WHen I started studying I couldn't understand why the A+ wasn't so recognized in the IT market place but now I do :)

8. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I think CompTIA recently upgraded the A+ to cover newer hardware like DDR2 and PCI-E. But when I took the exam last year most of hardware covered was Pentium 3 era. That's not too helpful in an Intel Core era!

Despite the out of date hardware covered, I still took a lot away from the exam and have become a better technician because of it.

9. RHochstenbach

The version that I had, covered DDR2, PCI express, SLI technology and CPUs till the Pentium D.

10. la1

la1 Geek Trainee

CONGRALULATIONS ON PASSING. I passed my A+ back when hardware and OS where all in one. Most of the OS questions were about DOS a few were about win 95, the rest were hardware. :D

11. Onur

Onur Geek Trainee

Congratulations Roy, 87%. It is cool.