Please help printer error

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by xxc00lmanxx, Oct 19, 2006.

1. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

Hello i need help i got a printer from a friend becuse he didn't need it any more and he tolled me it work grate and i ever seen it work. When ever i try to install it it give me a error witch is "Windows could not load the installer for Printer. Contact you hardware vendor for assistance". I have try many things to fix this but notting worked i have the drivers on a CD and my computer is a p4 ibm 512ram 1.6ghz useing XP. Please if you know how to fix this please tell me :( :chk:

Thanks,

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

try re-renaming "sfcfiles.old" to "sfcfiles.dll" in your Windows\System and ..\i386 directories....and restart your computer...See if it works:eek:hah:

3. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

Hello

Heres the problem i dont not have this file any were i went to system and found notting unless you can somehow sead me your folder so it can replace my and i woulded have to get it somehow.

4. Karanislove

Look here C:\i386

5. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

Still cant find it I ever did it on run found notting it might be becuse im running on windows xp beast (tiny XP) this XP is only 140mb but i still dont know why it woulded have printer on it. Please if you know a way i can get the files please tell me becuse i really need to print i got something importenet..:( .

Thanks,

6. Karanislove

Have you got XP SP2? If not then install it... there might be a possiblity that your windows installes has been corrupted.

7. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

All right im downloading SP2 right now im not sure i have it or not but ill still download it Hope it works:chk: ....

Thanks,

8. Karanislove

Right Click on My Computer > Properties....... you will find it under General Tab here.....if you have one.

9. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

Dam this is really pissing me off nottings working !! I got SP2 and it still didn't work i still dont got that folder or anything!! Please Help.

:crying: :crying:

10. Karanislove

r u sure that you've got SP2 and dont have C:\i386 folder? :confused:

11. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

YES this is wat i downloaded "WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe" and i go search i386 finds notting and i go run C:\i386 and get notting

12. Karanislove

Have you tried installing your printer after SP2....?

13. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

14. Karanislove

Model of your printer?.... Try installing drivers from the Manufacturers website..

15. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

Its a BJC - 250 Lite ill look around. But i already got drivers from driverguide.com

16. Karanislove

[link=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293360]A list of printer drivers that are included in Windows XP[/link]
    and it includes your printer as well, which means that you dont need to install the drivers for your printer through a software package..... Just use add new hardware wizard and select that printer throught it!

17. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

I get the driver off the canon web page and this is wat i get

Attached Files:

18. Karanislove

Use "Continue Anyway"...I've also got a TV Tuner card and I get this error always when I try to install its software on my computer and they have written in their manual that use "Continue Anyway".

19. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

Ya i no it there and i do go add hardwear thats when i get the error. now were starting all over this is REALLY PISSING ME OFF :(

20. xxc00lmanxx

xxc00lmanxx Geek Trainee

When i go "Continue Anyway" it shows drivers have NOT bine installed press finish to complete setup