possible useful info ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by donkey42, Nov 9, 2011.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

maybe it would be usful to have a contacts forum / page contaning useful info like ISPs contact details even a forum / page listing useful info / contact info for things like plumbers, electricians, doctors surgeries, pharmacists etc. etc. although i think it would be better to list things on a per country basis.

what does anyone think ?

2. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole Geek

Look at it this way Donkey ok.

Now I don't know where you are from but you'll probably have the equivalent of the Yellow Pages in your area and just for your area, let's say it's a state in the US.

Now multiply your state and all the other states Yellow Pages and then multiply those with other areas in different countries around the world and you'll have an idea of just how much information there is.

It simply would not be feasible to make a forum that contains enough information to choke a mule (no pun intended towards your Avatar by the way) if you see where I'm coming from.

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

yes, i understand but there is also generic info e.g. in US 911 works anywhere in US & probably here in UK (who knows)

• obviously this a generic example but it is a valid one
    • if anyone finds info and contributes it to our community soon everyone would know HWF is the place for generic useful info
    • the more people knowing about HWF would escalate exponentially
    but it's not my decision i'm only part of a community, i'm just trying to make it better

Edit: i'd actually forgot about this post, i refounded it by accident

[ot]glad no pun intended, i'm a Donkey not a bloody mule - tw4t[/ot]