Power supply failure

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by nicknejm, May 16, 2011.

1. nicknejm

nicknejm Geek Trainee

Hello everyone. I am having some power on,and some power off problems. Whenever I Try to turn my PC on it doesnt work out like it's suppose to.When I press the power on button.My pc doesnt turn on instantly i need to wait for 1-5 minutes and then try again with the power on button.When I press the button sometimes my fans(Processor coolers)start to rotate just a little bit but then stop,they dont continue to rotate just flip a little bit.What I am trying to say is that they get just an initiative power sequence but not constant one.When I finaly turn my PC on there are no problems,at all I can even restart it with no problems.However when i Shut Down Pc automaticaly starts itself after1-2 minutes.I solve this problem by cutting off the power supply and then it doesnt start by itself anymore.
    Hope I will find somebody to help me!
    Thanks in advance!!!

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

first scan for a virus, next check your power supply and last it could be your front switch...

3. nicknejm

nicknejm Geek Trainee

WellI am sure it is not a virus,about my power supply,well quite possible but mostly it could be my front switch because it had led diode that doesnt work anymore and it is a bit crooked,so thanks alot that was very helpfull I finaly have a confirmation that the switch might be responsible for my problems.Thanks again!