printer drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by steptoe, Sep 29, 2005.

1. steptoe

steptoe Geek Trainee

hi guys
    a freind of mine has lost her printer it doesnt show in device manager but the drivers are in win\sys\temp etc how can i get add printer wizard to pick up drivers (shes only got dial up takes 4hours to download 49mb!!) i can download drivers to cd and reinstall or can i add them as an atachment and email them to her and reinstall but im curious why i cant get wizard to work
    windows me hp pavillion computer hp psc750printer
    cheers
    ps shes promised me a drink if i can fix it :rolleyes:

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Does it show in Control Panel?
    Try disconnecting it and then reconnecting it and checking the cables.
    I'm not too sure about why you can't get the wizard to work, a little strange, maybe someone else can enlighten you.

3. steptoe

steptoe Geek Trainee

thanks matt
    i think the kids were messing with the computer the wizard works but i cant get it to go to win\temp\sys etc to pick up driver i found driver by using search c: for drivers they are on the hard drive
    cheers

4. steptoe

steptoe Geek Trainee

hi again
    sorry its not in control panel
    cheers

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

glad i could be of assistance, anything else just ask, that's what we're here for, bleh kids...dont let them mess with anything technological... :mad:

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

so the printer doesnt show up in control panel, but the wizard does work it just cant find that specific folder? If it can't find that specific folder can you move the driver to another folder?

7. Sandy

Sandy Geek Trainee

You should be able to save it to a disk if you save it in a zip file. Then you can upload it from the disk.

:O

[email protected]