PSU < $40

Discussion in 'Bargain Zone' started by Exfoliate, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I don't care who you are this is a sweet deal, obviously not the greatest PSU of all time but I want it. Tell me what you think. Thanks.
    Wow

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I've found OKIA power supplies actually deliver the amperage and wattage they promise, at least for a while (yes, OKIA makes that PSU). But over time, the cheap components show their quality and begin to break down, causing the same problems you see in most generic PSUs. If I were you, I'd be more interested in the Thermaltake PurePower 420, which is actually a well-made PSU for the money which actually delivers the high amperages it promises. My two pennies...

-AT

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Cool, thanks, I bet your right. Probably wouldn't come as much of an upgrade though seeing that I already have a 400wt PSU, even if it doesn't deliver that much I'd sooner take my chances with something near the 600wt range, for $36 I could deal with it dying in a year. 420wts would also choke on SLI too, not that that's a problem for me yet though :p Still, thanks for the reply AT.

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Wattage is typically not as important as amperage, which that Thermaltake PSU has plenty of. Besides this, usually when a PSU goes bad it takes other components with it. I am speaking from experience here, since my very first post on this forum was because a 600watt OKIA PSU had fried my motherboard!

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

:eek: Well I never really thought that would happen, I sort of assumed that you'd just get a lot of unholy random restarts and crashes as well as sluggish performance. Though it does give you an excuse to upgrade, though I don't have any money to upgrade if mine dyes on me. Thanks AT.