question about geforce 4 problem

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by veritas, Jan 3, 2004.

1. veritas

veritas Geek Trainee

hi there
    my pc has an gainward geforce 4 ti 4200 64 mb 3d card
    the thing has the annoying habbit to lock the pc when playing games (it hardly occurs in windows)
    i get to see a blocky colourpattern wich looks like the monitor screwed up , it happens more often in games like tony hawk pro skater series and call of duty then games like the total war series or europa universalis.

i tried to clean it , i tried old , new and somwhere in between drivers , tried different directx.. its driving me crazy
    anybody any idea what this can be ?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think you need to get your card replaced, its got a overheating problem! I had the same card around 3 months back, did alot of research, and found out that this has happened to alot of people, they've all had to return their card to Gainward to get a replacement! you card is showing the same signs! considering you have changed drivers etc People tries other was to solve the overheating, but after a week or so the same problem...contact gainward, will post link in a bit!

3. veritas

veritas Geek Trainee

thnx.. i heard this was a manufacture problem
    i bought this card like 1 and a half years ago
    i hope they will replace mine

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member