question about my modem driver?

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by DwnSthGaBoyz, Mar 31, 2004.

1. DwnSthGaBoyz

DwnSthGaBoyz Geek Trainee

on my comp i have a basic modem but sometimes when i try to connect it will say "this phoneline is not analog and only analog phonelines allowed" or that "modem cannot detect a dial tone" but if i try two or three times it connects, can this be a compatibility problem? can i download a driver update that will take this problem away? if so where can i find this download at?thx a bunch

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Might just be the line itself, and there's not much you can do about it. Try a new telephone cable to the wall jack.
    As far as drivers go, whoever made the modem is who you want to look at. You might also have some success if you hit up WindowsUpdate.com too.

3. DwnSthGaBoyz

tell you the truth didnt really think of that, swoosh over my head, brilliant idea ladie!!! im sure thats it

4. FishyWishy

FishyWishy Geek Trainee

If your after drivers for a specifically hard to find, old or rare piece of hardware try out http://www.driverguide.com/ username is "drivers" and password is "all" excluding the " of course. it has alot of good old drivers and such, careful tho sometime people upload Bullsh*t drivers or malicious software etc. just make sure the driver has good reviews before getting it.

5. DwnSthGaBoyz

well, i did what both of yall reccomended, and the internet is so much faster and it connects every time, i have netzero highspeed and it runs like dsl now, considering its supposed to anyway (runs web thru dsl lines)