Questions about Nokia Communicator 9500

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Mack, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Mack

Mack Big Geek

I have some questions about the Nokia Communicator 9500

1) What is the maximum capacity MMC card it can hold? Newegg has MMC cards till 8GB.
    2) I have heard that I can install applications on it. Can anyone specify what kind of applications in can install on it?
    3) Can I upload movies init? Is there a paritcular format and lastly does it needs to be converted like the iPod video via software.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm not sure what the max is, but I only see reference to 128MB MMC cards. That would probably be something Nokia reps would tell you.

As far as programs, that depends on what OS it uses. I'm not sure if it can play videos or not, but that would depend on the OS, and then if the unit has enough grunt for playback.

The info seems a little...dated, I guess. I don't know how long the 9500 has been out.

3. Mack

Mack Big Geek

1) Regarding the MMC Card I received this mail today from Nokia:

Still unclear about the 4 and 8 gig cards on Newegg

2) The operating System it runs is Symbian OS v7.0s. Atleast this is what it says on the internet. It does come with a real player and a music player. If the music player is for Music then i suppose the real player should be for movies. Also provided in the software is a converter but once the file is converted only sound comes and no video.

Source:
    Device Details -- Nokia 9500

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

1) What is the maximum capacity MMC card it can hold? Newegg has MMC cards till 8GB.
    I've also heard about 2GB maximum MMC card. Its only you who bring this something new that it can support 8GB MMC card.

2) I have heard that I can install applications on it. Can anyone specify what kind of applications in can install on it?
    The only format I know that symbianOS supports is .sis but there is a problem that all sis files are not compatiable with all the mobile phones. Its like you cant install all the winXP programs on Win98. Nokia itself provides some softwares for their mobile phones. Alternatively, if you google then you will come across some cool softwares.
    3) Can I upload movies init? Is there a paritcular format and lastly does it needs to be converted like the iPod video via software.
    There is a format which is widely used by the mobile phones .3gp format. As you said that you have a real player, so it will support .rm as well. I was searching on the net and come across [link=http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic5218.html]<<this>>[/link]. If you go through that website, you will find some software links to convert videos.

5. Mack

Mack Big Geek

i am not saying that it can support 8GB MMC cards. I am just asking,....