R9 290 causes crash after ~10 mins - not the card, as I bought 2

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by nexus12345, Jul 31, 2014.

1. nexus12345

nexus12345 Geek Trainee

This has been bothering me for a month and a half now and I am struggling to find any solutions. Any suggestions and help will be thoroughly appreciated, I am fresh out of ideas.
    Bios updated, memory underclocked, card underclocked, cpu underclocked, new psu, new gfx card, basically everything short of hitting it with a large hammer (tempting...).

Here's my specs, I'm going to list as much as I can to help solve this issue

Mother/Mainboard - ASUS M5a78l/usb3
    PSU - XFX pro 850w
    Ram - 18gb ddr3 (split makes, Crucial and Kingston)
    CPU - AMD FX-6100
    Graphics Card - Sapphire Vapour-X R9 290
    HD - Four in total, two 3.5's and two 2.5's
    4 Fans - Two 90mm fans, two 120mm fans, all with L.E.D's
    Sound card - ???
    1 5 slot USB hub full and active at all times, along with 4 other usbs on the case.

Now, I normally would think this is PSU related but the stability and quality from this xfx, already 150 watts over the cards suggested wattage it should be able to cope. In idle I think the 290 only pulls around 2-300 so this surely can't be the problem.

I have bought 3 PSU's already under that the assumption that they must have been faulty but the issue persisted, I have bought 2 r9 290's after coming to the conclusion it must have been the card, but the issue still remains. This is killing me guys, mentally and in the wallet. I am now skint until the end of next month with no solution or options other than to replace every component systematically which i really cannot afford to do.

Note- My computer is stable and has no unexpected restarts while using my old HD6770, shall I just buy 45 6770's and throw this crummy r9 away? :p

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

You have many parts attached. Try to take some parts away, 18GB memory sounds doesn't sound good.