Re-fill or Re-cycle

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by eranga262154, Mar 5, 2007.

1. henry222

henry222 Geek

I think it comes down to cost - if you can afford it, buy the manufacturer's part. If you need one quickly the local Supermarket -refilled is probably good enough (that's what I use).
    However, one poster is cautious about permanence - well I'm not going to be here in 200 years...although it would be nice to think at least one "masterpiece" will survive....how do the manufacturers really "know"?
    One is suspicious that they are trying to justify their expensive inks (the most expensive liquid on the planet!) and a very high paper-cost also.
    I have some understanding that matching the ink+paper for top-quality may be sensible if it's your income-generator.
    - But back to refilling - everyone is doing it!...even my supermarket supplies kits so a saving on the re-inked cartridges......if you plan to do a large project then the Cost difference is significant.....- the kits appear to be "different" depending on the printer Manaufacturer.....and beware that (subj to confirmation) only Lexmark and HP use cartridges which contain the heads.
    - new cartridge = new head.
    With Epson the cartridge is only an ink supply - the heads are fixed and are as expensive to replace as the printer costs at a discount-shop.

Personally I will only consider HP now, since they (almost) support Linux whereas Lexmark doesn't want to know - although this could change if Dell is Ubuntu-serious as some Dell-printers appear to be based on Lexmark (but not indentical).

2. eranga262154

eranga262154 Geek Trainee

Ink and paper quality always depend on each other for better quality.

But this is not my income-generator...:doh: :doh: :doh:

3. smitha

smitha Geek Trainee

Just re-fill the Ink cartridge because it extend its life...

4. Karimbo

Karimbo Geek

ive "refilled" several litres of ink as i use a ciss "continuous ink supply system", mustve saved a fortune. quality is fine a well

5. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

same here, i use a continuous ink supply system. it is cost effective and like eranga, this is not my income generator. as long as it prints good docs and photos, im all good.