Reaching out for help- Game freeze, sound loop, graphics disrupt

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by SeanB, Mar 12, 2009.

1. SeanB

SeanB Geek Trainee

strike out on the ignore...got fatal error, resulting sum 5.648627609419776e+016, expected 5.899566252096252e+016...

Will set back to normal voltage of 1.39 and try to find a way to increase my vcore...

Bloody frustrating this...but thanks for all your help thus far Bobby.

2. SeanB

SeanB Geek Trainee

Alright...found a different option in jumperfree options that allows me to modify cpu voltage....working on that now...

3. SeanB

SeanB Geek Trainee

Tried upping processor voltage to 1.4, 1.45 and 1.5,,,no dice each time...everytime I seem to strike out at 2 minutes....

4. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

hi, it basically means something is not getting enough voltage. I would set vcore to
    1.45v and let me know what your Vdram voltages are.

Also could you tell me the exact name of memory your running make/model.

5. SeanB

SeanB Geek Trainee

Hey Bobby,

Not sure what kind of ram I have in here......is there a way to check without tearing the computer up?

will set to 1.45 and report

6. SeanB

SeanB Geek Trainee

at 4.5, voltages are as follows

3v- 3.43
    5v- 5.16
    12v- 12.37

7. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

hey, can i get you to run Memtest first? i've been lookin around on a few forums quite a few people saying it can be RAM problems. Memtest writes a series of test patterns to every memory address, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

http://www.memtest.org/

download ISO image for creating bootable cd (windows)
    if you got nero, go to burn cd image, select iso and burn onto a disc.
    restart pc, go into bios set primary boot device cd/rom drive, and it will then boot from the cd and start to run memtest. let me know if it has any errors.

8. SeanB

SeanB Geek Trainee

OK...will give it a go.

I've heard the theories about bad RAM...if thats all it is, I'll be relieved to just replace a stick.

9. SeanB

SeanB Geek Trainee

Sorry...not sure exactly what to do here....

Just download the file and stick it on a disc? Then change bios to have boot up go from cd instead of hard drive?

I tried to open the file i downloaded and it wouldnt let me...that right?

10. Dartht33bagger

Dartht33bagger Geek Trainee

Download the ISO of it. Burn that ISO to a cd-r using a program like IMGburn. Insert the cd into the disc drive. Go into the boot menu and have it start from disc. It should now check your memory.

11. SeanB

SeanB Geek Trainee

So I've downloaded it but its a zipped file I think..... Can I just burn directly and its good to go or do I need to unzip?

12. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

hey man, download it, unzip it, should be a memtest86.iso (image file) file their when unzipped. Use nero or what available cd burning software you have and on your cd burning software should have an option to burn cd image. click burn cd image select the memtest86.iso file and it will burn onto disc. restart the pc go into the bios set primary boot device to cd/rom and save and exit bios and the computer will restart and boot from cd and then it will automatically run memtest.

once you finished running memtest, go back into bios set primary boot device back to hard drive. and let us know if you got any errors on memtest :)