Reccomend good cooling for athlon64 3000+ venice core

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by sniperfox, Aug 10, 2005.

1. sniperfox

sniperfox Geek Trainee

:(. but like zrockisaddicting said, it could be risky putting a 600 on it :(

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I guess just get the OCZ you planned on then, if you don't wanna risk anything.

3. sniperfox

sniperfox Geek Trainee

i plan too.:)

i dont see how i wont even be able to overclock a small 200mhz more then the stock speed :p
    i've heard good things with my board and ocz.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sorry forgot the link lol:p, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146950
    Good stuff for the price. The Giel ninja linked up looks better though. OCz tend to overclock better though.
    I have never heard of anyone using PC6000 in an AMD system. I don't think you can put in anything beyond PC4000 which is plenty. Put it this way if your budget is around $150 CA than you can't get the really kick butt stuff. Most of the better PC3200 kits are that much:(

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

you'll have to increase voltage a small amount, and loosen the timings to increase the RAM speed. Also, pick up a copy of memtest 86 at www.memtest86.com so you can test and make sure your ram is running without errors

6. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Ninja, the voice of negativity. Getting a 600 MHz OC would be a piece of cake with that OCz. I have the cheapest ok looking gig of RAM I could find on Newegg ($80 USD PQI) and i can take a 3500+ up 300 MHz. You could more than likely get to 2.8 with the OCz, its just a compromise. You OC the CPU, you UC (Underclock) the RAM. Take the speend to 266 MHz, loosen the timing, lower HT all the way. It sounds like you lose stuff, but the gain from a highly OC'ed CPU with underclocked RAM is far, far higher than that of a slightly OC'ed CPU with OC'ed RAM. Underclock the RAM and reap the OCability of you kick *** Venice.

sniperfox likes this.
  7. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

8. sniperfox

sniperfox Geek Trainee

:O 16, 15 and 14 years old?? oh man. im getting pwned :(

that sounds reasonable to me :D im sure, when my venice arrives, ill be back here to get you to explain how to do all that :)