{Request} Need Heatsink for 6400+

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by DomMaiocchi, Dec 18, 2007.

1. DomMaiocchi

DomMaiocchi Geek Trainee

I just purchased an AMD Athlon X2 6400+ from newegg.com
    I also purchased this motherboard.
    This CPU doesnt come with a heatsink and I need anyone's help to find a decent one for under $30.00. I do not plan on overclocking.

2. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

The best CPU cooler out there in terms on performance and price is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro Unfortunately i could not find it on Newegg so i suggest you look for a US retailer that sells the cooler but you must get the AM2 version not the socket 775, watch out they look very similar.

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yeah, i'll second Pimp's suggestion, that said, look at any Arctic cooling product for an AM2 socket will work pretty well. On a side note, if you can get a hold of the stock AM2 cooler, that will obviously work to, i think they go for like $20 or something like that.

------edit------

just thought about this, but you really want to be careful of what you buy, as many aftermarket Heatsink/fans actually have worse performance than the stock AM2 cooler

4. DomMaiocchi

DomMaiocchi Geek Trainee

I ended up purchasing this. It should be fine, shouldn't it?

5. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

That is a very good cooler better then the Artic Cooler so well done but it is a bit of a beast so i hope it fits on your mobo and in case.:p