Resizing Partition in Windows

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by beretta9m2f, Aug 10, 2006.

1. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Hey whats up all,

Here's the deal, I want to expand the partition where windows is hangin' out (C: ) That particular hard drive is a total of 200GB and i have 10 , i wanted to change it to 15 without formatting anything. Is there an option anywhere in windows, or some freeware that allows me to do this safely? I Googled a few programs but i wasn't sure if they were good or not. Can anyone recommend one (FREEEE)?

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I dont know about software but I,ve got another idea for you...

Go to Disk Management and create another logical drive from your unallocated space..
    [ot]BTW, why you are not using your whole drive? Just curious[/ot]

3. beretta9m2f

I am using the whole drive, i have 10 gigs just for the windows OS, and 180 for ISOs and program files, and then i have another physical drive for anime, games , and other media. I just want to take away 5 gigs from the 180 to make the windows partition 15 gigs rather than 10. Disk management just lets you allocate unpartitioned space, but all of my space is partitioned, what i want to do is resize these partitions. Hope that made sense.

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

partition managment, well must people use Partition magic but i dont, i use Acronis but Partition Expert hs being superseeded by Disk Direstor Partition Expert is excellent software

5. beretta9m2f

Yeah i'm not looking to pay for simply resizing a partitoin, is there any freeware for this?

6. zeus

zeus out of date

7. beretta9m2f

Thanks zeus, I haven't really heard of any of the programs that google listed except for the paid/shareware type. Guess i'll just wait till i backup and format before i have the drive sizes i want. anyway thanks for all the input dudes.