Review : Deus Ex (PC)

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by Moobrack, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Deus Ex

Deus Ex is the ultimate first person shooter for the PC. What makes it different from the rest is the amount of different features it has in comparison.

As soon as you play the game for the first time you begin in 'Training Mode' automatically. May I suggest that it is better to run through the 'Training Mode' in order to get to grips with the controls and some of the game features. 'Training Mode' takes you things such as

Weapons Training
    Demolitions Training
    Computer Training
    Environmental Training

Upon entering the 'Training Mode' for the first time. You may think that it is rather a long process. But it is this training that prepares you for the missions to come.

The game missions are deep and detailed. Even though the game is classed as a Shootemup, There are parts of the game where you use stealth to get around unspotted. Making lethal or stealthy kills goes very much in your fevour during the game by not attracting attention to yourself.

The game may sound perfect from this but it does have One major flaw. The game is incredibley like Half Life. The features are more and better. But the games idea of walking around working for a company is totally the same. Games like Serious Sam which is also a first person shooter is a totally different matter.

Finally we get to the rating;

I rate Deus Ex for the PC an 8/10

Written by Anthony Bullock(Moobrack)

This is my first proper review and will you please tell me what you think.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

A very good first review :)

3. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

Nice work Moobrack :)

I've actaully heard about Deuz Ex before but never really thuoght about buying it, BUT....tomorrow I'm going down EB and buying myself a copy after reading that. :)

Cheers mate.

4. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Whoa, my review actually had an effect on people. Could you tel me whether or not you would like me to write them in the future?

5. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

Yeah I don't see why not mate, it was a very good first review.

But just from a personal point, could you add a little about the the enemy intelligence (Al), the multiplayer aspect (if any) & maybe a brief background into the plot of the game?.

It's just a good starting point for people who might be interested in purchasing it, ie. it will hold there attention for the rest of the review if they know it's their kind of game.

But don't take that as a critism or anything Moo, it's still a very good piece of work mate. :beer:

6. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

thanx a lot mate!

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's addicting isn't it:D

8. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Very addictive game, i have not hads a chance tyo play it lately though due to coursework and what ave ya, might continue at the weekend!

How far are you all?

I am on mision 4 when you meet paul after finding out that he works for the NSF.

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've beaten it twice....errr, sorta. (I cheated a little at the end)

10. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

lol, so has my mate! I cant see the point of cheating, I havent played it in ages due to coursework and the such!

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm trying to conserve stuff, but man it's difficult to effectively do so. I find myself using the Dragon's Tooth frequently, if at all possible.

12. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

lol, I just got into Delta Force 2!

13. shibby

shibby Geek Trainee

thanks for the review but im not really a fan of deus ex didnt like it much

14. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

WTF is this thread doing open when other [relevent] threads are closed after a few weeks? Could somebody kindly explain to poor, ignorant me?

15. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Some threads were closed due to flaming, and I know I closed one due to discussion that I felt was crossing the line in regards to software piracy.

16. rimmer

rimmer Geek

I rate the game 8.4/10. I have completed it many times doing different story lines.

However the PC support is crap, the game is crashy, unreliable even with all the latest fixes! PS2 version FTW

17. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Never had that problem.

However, I am closing this thread as the post prior to yours was made back in 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.