Samsung Np300v5a Laptop Integrated Nvidia Card Not Working Propertly

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Karlos100, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Karlos100

Karlos100 Geek Trainee

i made a format to my laptop a view weeks ago, first after one week my pc did not boot video card and i did not know what caused this and i made a bios reset, after a reeboot it was fine again and yesterday i switched my pc on and it was fine i can see nvidia sign in the (show hidden icons)tab on taskbar. and like this for four times during the day, but today i made over 12 restarts and it did not show the nvidia sign in the taskbar and eaven in device manager, it only showed intel hd 3000 i dont have a clue what is happening to my pc, and i cannot play games on intel hd 3000 it is too laggy for me please help

my rig

cpu: intel core i5-2450m 2.50GHz
    ram: 8GB ( 6.67 GB usable (to the damn intel hd 3000!!!!!) )
    gpu: intel hd 3000
    nvidia 520mx 1GB
    hdd: samsung 1TB
    windows 7 home premium 64-bit sp1

system rating 5.9 (with intel hd 3000)

thanx i advice!!!
    take care...

Attached Files:

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Check BIOS settings again and try to install Nvidia drivers.

Also Nvidia chips on laptops are well known to break after some time, so that may also be reason.

3. Karlos100

Karlos100 Geek Trainee

hei
    i found out the problem it was not in the biosor drivers.
    i took the laptop apart and cleaned from dust and then thought that i might change the thermal paste and when i removed the heat sink, the gpu was overflooded with thermal paste not only the stone but the hole chip aafter i cleaned all the paste and put new one in, put it back together and booted. after that it works again...

Attached Files:

Wicked Mystic likes this.