Samsung SCH-A930 or LGVX8300

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Big B, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've been looking at phones through Verizon, since they have the best coverage in my area. Anyway, I'm really eyeing the Samsung A930 phone. It has the music playback and microSD slot that I want and is a flip-phone that should keep pocket lint out of the display better than my current Virgin pre-pay.

The second option I've been considering is the LGVX8300. Same features that I want with the Samsung, so it's a good second choice on that front.

I know the 'Chocolate' is available, but really just don't care for that thing at all.

The main thing I'm intrested in is how good the reception is on the phones and if there's any issues I should be aware of. Thanks

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Just a thought, if you r a rough user then buy somthing from nokia.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's a thought, but I don't think the Nokia phones Verizon offers have the MP3 player functionality and memory card features I want.

4. Karanislove

Can you provide me any website from where I can select the mobile phones....

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

IMHO LGs take a lot of getting used to. Samsung are more user friendly however the data cable software can be a pain so if you intend on using that...well I dunno try it out first or something as with some samsung phones it just plain awkward and will not connect.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I just plan to use the MicroSD slot, so it shouldn't be that bad.

8. Karanislove

Is it just me or the website is like this...
    First of all, I didnt find any place from where I can check the mobiles and after fiddling little bit, I come across some phones. I saw LG chocolate but there was no model number on it and they are not even showing the features properly....

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Okay, well, here's the Nokia phones available:

6215i
    2128i
    6236i

Those are the only units available to me.

10. Karanislove

True! none of them got memory slot. Better go with the Samsung then!

Just another thought, look for a mobile with Radio coz u might get bored with your songs sometimes and wants to listen something different.

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

True, but I usually don't listen to radio anyway. Thanks for the suggestions though.