Samsung Tocco - what is this icon?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by thearoux, Jan 14, 2009.

1. thearoux

thearoux Geek Trainee

Hi,

I have recently bought a Samsung Tocco. Everything has been working great except an icon has appeared on the top right of the screen and I have no idea what it is. I have looked in the manual but it isn't in there. I have gone through everything in my phone to try and make it go away but no luck..

Anyway, the icon is a small blue bell type thing with three lines coming out of it. I can upload a picture if necessary.

If anybody has any idea what it is I would be very happy indeed :)

Thanks

2. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

A picture would be easier!

My first guess would be the alarm! Check it's not enabled!

3. Ginny1996

Ginny1996 Geek Trainee

Hi, yes I had this too since I activated my SOS messaging service. The icon is there to remind you that you have this activated but if you wanna get rid of this you just go into messages - then SOS messages - Sending options and touch sending SOS to off and this will get rid of the icon!
    Hope this helps!!
    Ginny1996:chk:

4. shannon

shannon Geek Trainee

i also have an icon but its different
    in the top left corner next to the signal bar where the 3g sign usualy is i have:
    and icon of a world with a lock infront if it!
    can anyone help me what is it? and how can i get rid of it ?
    thanks

5. Jodie1604

Jodie1604 Geek Trainee

Ive been having problems the last few days too. My icon looks like a tiny computer screen and it keeps flashing on and off the screen. It only appeared a few days ago but since then my phone has been turning itself on and off and texts have been deleting themselves. I lost any use of volume last night.
    Does anybody know what this is and are my problems linked to this?