silence

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by ashgull80, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ashgull80

ashgull80 Geek Trainee

hi
    i am looking to make a htpc but dont want noise to be an issuse in my lounge, so can anyone suggest a very quiet psu and also quiet fans to go with it!
    also if anyone has built a htpc i would appreciate ideas and pics and good info sites!
    thank you for your help!
    ash

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

SFF Tech and silentpcreview.com | Everything about Silent / Quiet Computers are the two sites I know of that would give you some good ideas.

For cooling, if you're using fans, look at something with 92 or 120mm. Larger fans can move the same amount, if not more, air at a slower RPM.

For PSU's, Seasonic would be where to look, as they specialize in low-noise PSUs. However, they're not the only brand that would have silent units, but it would depend on the particular model a company has.

3. RobertB

RobertB Geek Trainee

I run Zalman stuff in my comp (PSU, CPU heatsink/fan, and case fans)

They're pretty quiet and the fans have adjustable speed settings. Just an FYI, they won't cool as efficiently the quieter they are, but you're probably aware of that.

If you check out my PC Profile (click the image) you should see some links at the bottom of it where I reviewed my Zalman parts. Hopefully those articles will help.