Sitecom DC-009 Win7 x64 Drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Max Carpenter, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Max Carpenter

Max Carpenter Geek Trainee

Hi Everyone, New to this forum and was wondering if there were any very clever people out there that know a place to get or a fudge around to get the Sitecom DC-009 USB 56k modem working under Windows 7 x64. I don't need full fancy functionality I just need it to be able to dial a destination and send/receive data.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Does this Modem support Windows 7 64 bit ?

3. Max Carpenter

The manufacture only has driver listed on their site for Windows xp 32 bit so officially no just wondering if anyone knows a workaround or basic driver that might work just to get basic functionality.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Download windows Xp driver, find the exe. and right click on it, choose capability mode, then see if you can install an xp driver..Xp drivers will work on windows 7...

5. Max Carpenter

Nope that doesn't work I get a warning about installing the driver which I install (not recommended) but it still doesn't reconise the device and when I try manually selecting a driver from my system I cannot see the correct driver.

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Uninstall the modem driver, then open the case and remove the card, Try to install the card into another port.. then restart computer and see if it is
    recognize..

7. Max Carpenter

Its not a card, as stated its a USB one and I have tried in multiple USB sockets and on different computer. It simply is not reconised on windows 7 its an unknown Device. I have tried all the obvious methods being an IT guy thats why I am asking if anyone knows of a driver that might work.

8. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yea! sorry about that, Yea! If it is a USB and It will only work with XP, then you might be out of luck..
    Have you tried any Vista drivers yet ?