Slimtype DVD A DS8AZH ATA Device - NIGHTMARE! Please help

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by magic32, Jan 3, 2008.

1. magic32

magic32 Geek Trainee

Hello Everyone

I am having some major problems with my DVD - CD rom drive as mentioned in the title, and it appears that im not the only person with problems with it.

About 3 weeks ago it suddenly stopped working. When i try and load a cd, it says device is not available. So when i open the device manager, it indeed has an error - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

When i try to look for a solution, it states a driver cannot be found. yet when i search for a driver - it says that the most current version is installed. Ive tried disabling the driver and even restarting the computer with it uninstalled as previous posts have suggested but no joy.

I have contacted HP, who were of absolute no help. and im at a loss of how to fix this error. If anyone can shed some light on this problem id be very greatful.

Many Thanks

2. Raine

Raine Geek Trainee

Hi,
    I was surfing the net looking for a solution to my DVD problem and found this forum. It seems as if you had the same problem as I do.
    It doesn't look like anyone has replied to you your post, but I was just wondering if you were able to find a solution?
    My DVD player used to work on my laptop, but all of a sudden it's not working.
    How did you end up fixing it?
    Any help would be greatly apprciated!

3. Lottobreaker

Lottobreaker Geek Trainee

OMG....i am haveing the SAME exact problem as Magic32......I notice her post was from 2008........DOES ANYONE have a solution to this problem??? I am going absoutely NUTS looking for one!
    PLEASE HELP!