Slow Internet - High Graphics

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Vasoline, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Vasoline

Vasoline Geek Trainee

I was just wondering, as i have just bought a geforce 8600. i have a 512k internet connection (the fastest i can get where i live) and im unsure whether i can use my graphics cards full potential for online gaming. for example i love counterstrike source, but if i have it on the very highest settings with my new gfx card will it make my ping higher also? im concerned because 512k can be really frustrating sometimes with online lag. all i really need to know is if i should worry about graphics settings affecting my ping level. thanks :D

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

I don't believe your graphics settings will influence your ping, there's no reason for more data to be sent (all the needs to be sent / received is what something is, where it is and what its doing!) so as long as the machine in question can handle high graphics settings & processing traffic simultaneously then your ping will (in theory :p) still be the same

3. Vasoline

Vasoline Geek Trainee

Thanks impotence :p now i wont be fussing with lowering settings when i die. the only bad thing is this proves im bad at css (Y) lol

4. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!