So it turns out

Discussion in 'IT Careers and Certification' started by Swansen, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

After a long day at class and a lot of thought and looking at where everyone else is and what i can do i've decided. Rate now it looks like there is no real way that i have the talent or creativity required to do graphic design professionally. Not that i suck and i was just being crazy in the first place, but i'm just not good enough compared to everyone else, and there isn't really a place for a sub-par or decent graphic designer in the professional world, your ether sweet or your not going to keep your job very long. So i think i'm over my bad experiences at ITT and next semester i'm going to be, or more than likely i'm going to be going into IT. I figure this way, if i try real hard and all, i'll be able to get out of Michigan, and IT is everywhere, so i'm pretty sure i'll be able to find a place. LOL, haha, wow, a year or so later, and man, wow. I've waisted a lot of time and money but i guess i know now. On other things, i kinda have no real idea why i posted this.

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

If it helps at all, I made a very similar mistake 'back when'... so I know how you feel. Twice actually... Once before I left Israel. I went to college for three years jut to realise at the beginning of the second year that 'this is no way what I wanted to do'. But since I was paying good money for the course, it would have bee even more stupid to quit. So I graduated.....

Second one was here in the UK, when I though a career in Java programming was what I 'always wanted to do'. some months later and :x: £1100 less in the bank, I realised that it was definitely not what I wanted. My only consolation was that although I completed the course, I stank!!! and therefore failed most of my end of course exams. So again, if it helps, I think I know how you feel....

Hope the new avenue works out eventually. I do not think you can go very wrong in IT as long as it is something you can stick with for a while. Personally if I was ever to study again, it would probably be to become second line IT support and maybe Unix. I am young :confused: so there is still hope... :p

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

thanks for the input. Yeah it helps, lol its good in a way to know that i'm not the only person in the world who messes up a lot and doesn't have everything figured out completely. But thanks