Sound lost in my laptop Toshiba satellite pro a120

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by simoh909, Jun 11, 2007.

1. simoh909

simoh909 Geek Trainee

Hi,
    Please help me in this problem:

I have a laptop pc -toshiba satellite pro a120- equipped with a sound card -Realtek High Definition (ALC262)-.
    The problem arrived when I replaced the preinstalled operating system (which a Vista) by Windows XP and exactly when I installed the updates of Microsoft:doh: . After I have any more sound neither in the high internal speakers nor in the ear-phones. I believed at the beginning that the problem is due to the drivers thus I installed the last drivers of realtek. but without result. after I restored Windows Vista via Cd restore of toshiba. but always without any result. when I check the peripherals manager, I didn't find any problem nor no conflicts between peripherals. I really did all that it is necessary to do but without any positive result. Thus I address to you so that you help me. especially that I lost hope and I fears that these cursed updates of Windows xp :x: roasted the sound card.

Thanks you.

2. JimBowen

JimBowen Guest

In the device manager, is there a question mark or an exclamation mark next to sound and audio devices?

3. simoh909

simoh909 Geek Trainee

No there isn't any conflict or problems in hardware listed in the device manager (there isn't any sign or exclamation that appear in the device list)

4. simoh909

simoh909 Geek Trainee

Hi

is there a tool that can make a hardware diagnostic of the sound card chipset? beacause i think perhaps the problem is due to a an internal memory (of the sound card) issue.

5. simoh909

simoh909 Geek Trainee

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH !!!!
    Good news my friends
    sound come back :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    thanks to god
    i'm listenning now to beethoveen....it's a very nice music

this is solution :
    for me it's due to a mute caused by the program of toshiba related to the specials functions keys
    using fn+mute (off/on) don't work before but when i use it with an other function key .... the sound come back

so for the persons who have the same problem do this :

press fn (function key)+mute key (F1) --------> result : mute off
    press fn (function key)+mute key (F1) --------> result : mute on
    press then fn + lock screen key (F2) ----------> screen locked
    after press Enter key -------------------------> login screen and the return of SOUND :)

i hope that can help

(excuse me microsoft)

and special thanks to JimBoween for his effort