Soundblaster Live 24 bit ASIO drivers???

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by tre2004, Sep 9, 2005.

1. tre2004

tre2004 Geek Trainee

I have been using On board sound for a long time, I am wanting to make music and need ASIO drivers. I was at Wal-mart today and bought a
    Creative SOUNDBLASTER LIVE 24-BIT EAX Advanced HD card
    I have been using something called ASIOFORALL which lets you used ASIO drivers with a WDM driver, but it isn't that good. I want to make sure before opening it, and installing it that it DOES have ASIO drivers, cause I dont' want to take the risk of them not takeing it back if it doesn't. Because if it doesn't I want to get my money back to put it towards one that DOES support ASIO drivers.
    Please, If anyone has any idea I would really appreciate it. I can't wait to get going... I just need to make sure before I open it. It supports up to 7.1 Stereo so i would think that it supports ASIO, I just need to be sure.
    Thank you sooo much.

Tre

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

i'm pretty sure that they support ASIO drivers, mine does i think although i have an Audigy 2 so it may differ, i'm pretty sure it should though.

3. tre2004

tre2004 Geek Trainee

I have been reading allot of things that confuse me. I know that the one that you have has it.. some have said that mine does have it.. and I have found sites where people are complaining that it doesn't have it. Right now I am on Creative's website, and from this post it doesn't look good...
    http://forums.creative.com/creative...laster&message.id=13301&query.id=91729#M13301

Someone who has the card that I do, asking if they can get a ASIO driver, and someone told him about the ASIO for all thing that I have now.. and I'm not sure if it would be any different then What I'm using now.. But, it isn't that good. I'm trying to RECORD VOCALS in CUBASE AND FL STUDIO and you have to have an ASIO driver.. I have that ASIOFORALL and it lets you record, but it LAGS and sounds like crap. If I have this new Soundblaster live card, but still have to use the ASIOFORALL driver would it even make a differense? Cause it isn't actually reading it from the card.. Since it is the MAIN reason I'm wanting a soundcard...
    Thanx for the reply. I really appreciate it.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

just out of curiosity how much did this card cost? you may be able to take it back and find something that has ASIO drivers for around the same price...

5. tre2004

tre2004 Geek Trainee

It was like $33
    It looks like I'm going to have to take it back. I'm pretty sure from what I have read now that this card doesn't support it's own ASIO drivers. Everyone is saying to use the ASIO4ALL, which I HAVE BEEN USING. So, why keep the card? I kinda thought cause of the price that it MIGHT NOT support ASIO drivers, that is the main reason I didn't open it right away.
    But,
    if anyone else has any info that we aren't aware of I would really appreciate it before I take this card back.
    Thanx again

tre

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

7. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Creative sound cards should not be bought if you want ASIO drivers. Creative sound cards are consumer grade only, not professional grade. If you want professional ASIO drivers you need to look towards M-AUDIO sound cards.