Soundmax Digital Audio soundcard quiet as a mouse

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by blueskies, Jan 21, 2009.

1. blueskies

blueskies Geek Trainee

Hi,

I bought a Dell GX520 which came with an integrated sound card and can play sound without speakers or headphones. However, the sound is very soft. I can barely hear anything even if my Windows sound settings is set to max. I tried it with basic speakers (the kind that does not need to be plugged into an electric outlet) and headphones, the sound is still very low. I went to the Dell website, which basically told me I am stuck with it.

I look on the net and saw that there's a "Soundmax control panel," which I wonder can set the soundcard settings higher.

Does anyone know where I can download it? I've only been able to get a runaway by googling for download information. The Soundmax website was useless.

Thanks

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

3. blueskies

blueskies Geek Trainee

Thanks for your help, but I already have that driver. Reinstalling it did not help. Maybe my soundcard just doesn't have the Soundmax control panel?

4. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

If you find a solution, let me know please!! I'm having a very similar problem with a SoundMAX chip, but instead the microphone is very quiet even though everything appears to be set on max.