Spanish DVD uncooperating...

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Exfoliate, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

While I was in Spain I picked up 3 DVD's not realizing that they would only play on a Spanish DVD player out of the box. I got home popped in AVP and lo and behold I got a little message saying something like Disk play is not authorized. I figured it would work on the computer but WMP couldn't figure it out and gave me a little message as well of sorts. The Mac was the most helpful and told me the region code would need to be changed but when the option came up the only selection to choose from was already active (area code 2) so that was useless.
    So basically what I ask is if there is any way to trick Windows or my home DVD player into playing the Spanish DVD without screwing everything up perminately or calling in a tech dude? Thanks all.

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

What dvd player do you have and what dvd recorder on your pc do you have?

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

There are two options, both for your PC:

1. A region disabling program which you can find in www.webattack.com or www.softpedia.com.
    2. Using DVD Decrypter or DVD shrink, rip and burn regionless.

Hope this helps.

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Two solutions:
    1- A regionfree program such DVD Region Free or Slysoft Any DVD
    2- A DVD player hack
    If you tell me the DVD player make and nodel, i may be able to find a hack for you. This generally consists of pressing a few buttons on the remote in combination and the Player is unlocked!

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow thanks everyone! I never thought I'd have so many options. Alright well I'm using a Toshiba DVD Video Player SD-1600. If you can't come up with something that's fine and I'll just try the other options on this thread. Nice work all.

6. pelvis_3

I couldn't find a hack without paying for it so it looks like your going to have to use some software mentioned, sorry.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No prob, I'll see if I can download something now...

8. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow nice find man! Thanks big time. Hope I can get it to work as I hate watching stuff on my dinky screen at my comp.

10. pelvis_3

*Bows to Sniper in awe* due to better searching power.

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

sorry about the late replay but unfortunately that didn't work for me. I was able to get a little firmware alteration thing on the screen after a few button presses but the DVD's don't play. Maybe there's a hack for the PS2?

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah about that PS2 bit, if I changed my region code to ES for spain would I be able to play the spanish dvd's? First of all how do I do that, when ever I press select and go into settings to find that option it's greyed out. How can I even change it then? And if I do could I just as easily change it back at will or is it like a 5 time and lock deal? Thanks guys.