Star Wars Episode III

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Exfoliate, May 22, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Anyone seen it yet? I thought it was excellent. A very well concieved transition from the lighter atmosphere of the first 2 to the dark and heavy feel of the 3rd. The effects and CG was amazing, improved over the 2nd even, the attention to detail is astonishing, at one point you could even see the little blook vessels in Yoda's eyes as he turned (and this wasn't a close-up!). The vehicles/space ships were very cool and well designed too, a crap load of artistry obviously went into this. Overall it's a pretty dark movie, especially the latter part of the second half with the satasfyingly gruesome transformation of Darth Vadar into his classic from, he literally wasn't all there by the end. Well actually a lot of people got stuff cut off in the movie but that's beside the point, other than to say it's PG-13 for once. Finally I'd just like to add that I though it was pretty neat to see all the stray ends get tied up, get introduced to some episode 4+ characters, and watch it all get setup for the 4th. Tell me what you think when you see it.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Haven't seen it yet, but it's one that I'll make a point to see in the theater. General Grevious just looks sweet, hands down.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Great film. some VERY cheesy parts. Like anakin and padme loving it up and after anakin realises he's let padme die in his Vade costume he throws his hands up, yes "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
    very cheesy. Great fight scenes though. Will see again.

4. ninja fetus

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Haha! How'd you do that!? (or is that some really random site) That cracks me up dude. You're right though, it is a lame and obvious cliche. At least stuff got crucshed and exploded in the process. I also thought is was strange when Obi Wan holds up what looks suspiciously like a cell phone near the end, and Anakin in one scene looked like he was playing with one of those Gizmodo devices. Not to mention when he was lying on the ground after being sliced appart by Obi he just spontaniously starts burning and then it goes out in a few seconds, oh well it's all for the mood I guess. Yeah, Grevious does look pretty sweet, but he can do some pretty cool stuff too, I'll let you see it for your self though Big B.

6. ninja fetus

it's off ytmnd.com

george lucas better make episodes 7,8 & 9. Or things will happen, bad things.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah, that was a dumb question on my part, concidering it said ytmnd.com, yeah it's not like he's going to kick out on us that fast, he's only like 60 something right? If he doesn't someone should, though I can't say they'd do quite as well as there would'nt really be the same anticipation, plot unraveling, and character introduction like we've seen in 1,2, and 3 but I suppose there's a bunch of material they can throw out.

8. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I thought the detail and graphics were stunning, the plot was good but if you wernt already a star wars fan you may not understand bits. All in all ir was a good film

9. Addis

Addis The King

I think it 0wned. Was 2hrs 20 and still had to leave out some bits.
    Good effects and very dark. Made the first 2 look a bit plain.

10. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

they finished with a bang

tho i have the utmost suspicion this won't be the last episode

11. Addis

Addis The King

They're (probably) not going to remake the old 3, but it would be good if they made another one episode 7 with Luke training the new generation of jedi.

12. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

thatd be pretty cool, with sith proclaiming war out of no where, and the whole republic coming back together would be pretty cool.

13. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

The film sold out on all showings during the weekend...dam I didn't think it would be so popular! Also it’s quite a dark film to watch for the kinds :)

Allot of hardcore fans came dressed in costumes.

14. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

yeah, i heard ppol doing the wookie calls

(thinking) i wish i could do the wookie calls :(

15. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol no I wasnt tht extreme I watched it the day after it came out in my normal clothing :)

16. ninja fetus

people here pitched tents, were dressing up and having battles infront of the theater waiting it's premier.

17. Addis

Addis The King

I really want an authentic vader costune. With the voice box thing and realistic helmet. It would be funny to come in to school wearing it on non-uniform.

18. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

u can but a helmet for it now that makes u breathe like im. Looks crap though haha

19. Fred

Fred Moderator

I saw it today - didn't seem very impressive to me. Too cheesy for me. There were a few good parts, but more bad parts than good ones.

20. Addis

Addis The King

For me I didn't really notice any cheesy parts apart from the end. What do you mean?