Star Wars Episode III

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Exfoliate, May 22, 2005.

1. Fred

Fred Moderator

Well, i dont remember mentioning anything to do with 'the end' but i'll just go ahead and mention a few from throughout the movie.
    1. When Yoda is fighting and sticks both of his arms out then motions with one like Neo did in the Matrix
    2. Darth Vader "Noooooo -oooooooo!"
    3. At the end, everything ties together way too quickly Yoda - "I feel like i've failed. Im going to be a hermit. Obiwan, you will too. Oh yeah! I found a way to bring Qwi gon gin (sp?) back and he's going to train you but i'll teach you later"
    4. Anybody else notice that they fight fancier in the "olden days" (new movies) than in "modern times" despite the fact that they should've had more training by then.
    5. How about the fact that they have more/better technology in the "past" than in the old movies? I can forgive the Republic because they got crushed, but the empire should be rockin' on people with some hardcore tech.
    6. R2D2 makes more "humanistic" noises in these new ones than he did in the old ones.
    7. I think it's pretty obvious that Yoda doesn't sound quite right.
    8. Yoda, Obiwan, luke, leah, Chewie (sp?), Darth Sideous, etc are in the old movies (the future) as well as the new movies, but Jar Jar just disapears into thin air - not to mention his entire race.
    9. Why doesn't Chewie know Obiwan in the old movies. You'd think that good ol' Yoda would've mentioned his buddy Ob at some point. There's also the fact that GENERAL obiwan would've been pretty well known.
    10. Bad acting - or director telling them to act badly for a lot of the movie. Obiwan's "You were supposed to be the chosen one" scene was actually a very good acting scene, but that's about it.
    11. Ok, that's enough. All I can think of at present.
    It's not that I'm an absolute Star Wars hater, but I'm defintely not a big fan. Star Wars fans seem like they're afraid to admit that ol' Lucas has screwed up and sold out. His movies aren't what they used to be. I dont think fans have to be fans no matter what. You become a fan because a director/actor does an excellent job. That means that if the person starts doing horribly, you shouldn't be a fan anymore. You can still say "they did a good job on those movies" but you dont have to be die-hard. I hope that all makes sense. The whole "old movie/new movie" thing was complicated....

2. Addis

Addis The King

Well they had those problems like technology backtracking in ep 1 & 2 aswell. Something you just accept, but the effects make up for it. Everyone's at one point or another has made the point that they fight more artistically in the newer films. However much they seem to be the wrong way round I'm not complaining it makes for a better scene.

3. Fred

Fred Moderator

I dont quite agree. I really don't think that effects ever make up for it... Effects can't just make up for it cause that means in a year when the technology is outdone, nobody wants to watch the movie cause there's not storyline or decent acting. If you want buff guys and explosions then watch a XXX movie.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's a good point, I've found a lot of people I know to find all the effects destracting actuallly, they feel too much happens in too little a time and there's not enough time to enjoy each even as they're only a "minute or two at the most." It's more of a modern trend reallly, I've never seen Space Odyssey 2001 or whatever it was callled but I heard that was the slowest SCI-fi movie of all time, but when it was made eveyone thought it was the most amazing thing, now that we're used to all the effects there's not as much point of drawing them out so they have to blaze by and go on to something different before the ADHD kids in the front row get bored. That's a very general statement but it does take a little something away from the movie depending on your point of view.
    They also never cleared up how Leah somehow remembered her mom a tad when she was separated at birth and her mom died, go figure. Jar jars race, however you spell it, was a lame ploy the Lucus pulled to attract the kiddies (that first one was verging on G, with "little Annie" and all that stuff) to the Star wars series and rake in more bucks, they managed to serve a purpose but they really weren't necessary and didn't do that much so it wasn't necessary to bring them into the old trilogy, not to mention they're no where near Naboo any more as I recall. I know what you mean about the "Noooooooo...!" part but I can't actually think of anything more suitable right off, I suppose he could have just gone on a smashing rampage and the camera would pan out as he tore appart a few things with the force but they wanted to go with the cliche emotional approach I guess. I personally thought that the new "comic" approach to the droids voices (as in the empires droids) wasn't really fitting, it was a stab at comic relief but I don't think it was necessary and tainted the mood a little. I mean, it's a dark film, droids that act overly human and slip and slide in oil just aren't fitting. We'll I'll throw in the towel now and end this block of text.

5. Addis

Addis The King

Yea agree with droids they seem to human like with uneeded emotion.

I noticed that aswell about Leia. She says she remembered her mother was pretty in Return of the Jedi but she never saw her mum really. Unless she was talking about her adoptive mother.

Jar jar was a failure, completely. He was a buffoon.

However, with the storyline closing in they had to fit a hell of a lot into one film. Maybe too much.

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yes star wars is cheesy but every star wars movie is cheesy. Obviously unbelieveable but yet i still watch them. Im nt realli a fan either

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Wow. I'm so behind on SW. I finally saw it yesterday.

Am I the only one who realizes Hayden Christenson can't act, nor can Natalie Portman? The CG stuff is cool, but that can't make up for a bad script. I like Star Wars and all, but Lucas should've kept Episodes 1-3 from not being produced.

8. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I only have have one thing to say about episode 3...

"Nooooooo!"

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah that was perhaps the most cheesy part of all 6 movies I'm afraid.

10. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

The entire Darth Vader regression to evil thing didn't make any logical sense. It would have been better left to the imagination. Between that and Jar Jar, I think George Lucas may in fact be clinically insane.