Teleporting USB Mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CeeGee, Feb 1, 2003.

1. CeeGee

CeeGee Geek Trainee

Has anyone had the problem of their USB mouse "freezing" every once and again? And how do you fix it?:confused:

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Right off the bat, I can't say without more information about your hardware configuration, OS and drivers. If you can provide more, we might be able to narrow down the problem.

3. CeeGee

CeeGee Geek Trainee

The System Config is as follows: OS: Win XP Pro, RAM:128MB, Motherboard: ASUS A7N-266VM, CPU: AMD 1.3GHz Duron. As for the drivers, I used XP's Mouse driver that it detects, because it's the right one.

4. archcommus

archcommus Big Geek

I would still try to install the drivers that actually came with the mouse. Also, consider getting a bit more RAM as well.

5. CeeGee

CeeGee Geek Trainee

I'm a technician with various qualifications, i tested the mouse on another pc (OS: Win XP Pro, RAM: 512MB, CPU:AMD XP2000+), but the mouse still seems to be doing this...?

6. syngod

syngod Moderator

What brand of mouse do you have? I have a Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical which every couple of hours or so would freeze up until I unplugged the USB cable and reattached it. Getting the latest drivers has fixed that issue however so it may just be using XP's default drivers.