THE Computer Question of the Decade!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by max12590, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

lol yeah on that speed thing, i thought an electron was the fastest actual THING the moves and light isnt a thing, its an energy so it moves faster (i think) i found this quote on the net:

"In the simplest case of a hydrogen atom with a single electron spinning around a single proton, the electron moves at about 1/137 of the speed of light, which is MUCH faster than sound. Sound travels at about 1100 feet per second, while light travels at 186,000 miles per second.. You do the math."
    EDIT: i just realised, does an electron moving around an atom move the same as if its in an electrical current and is moving with a direction. Around an atom it moves in orbitals (an area of space where it is likely to be at any given point in time) but in a circuit it moves from orbital to orbital from the atoms in the conductor, so would it move at the same speed?

2. stefan1988

stefan1988 Geek Trainee

aren't people researching something about implementing dna into computers because dna can hold a lot of information

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

that wouldn't work unless they can develop the same nerve signals found in the body, the requirements for that are amazing, its not to come for a long time

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I know this answer...it's...it's....42!

I heard something about organic computers

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

the crossbar latch developed by IBM is enough for now cuz it holds potential for computers millions of times stronger than todays in a couple years, its still not developed in retailing components, but it cuts data travel time by much, and its already amazingly fast