the problem returns!!! arghh!!

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Jecht, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

damn blackouts again!!! i dont understand this, a while ago i had posted about half life 2 crashing, or auto rebooting after a short time of playing, its been a few months since then, and i tried half life 2 again, seemed to last a little longer, in fact it did, id say about half an hour, and it still crashes. no clue. i remember when the game ran just beautifuly after i first built the pc, i have no idea what happened. now...i just tried playing the new FEAR demo, and during the conversations at the beginning, my monitors blacked out, and the computer rebooted, i tried again, launching the shortcut blacked them out again....tried a 3rd time after about an hour, i get into the game...walk around for about 5 minutes, then it blacks out again, no boot, just blacks out, i have to manually reset. what the heck is going on??? its certainly not tempature, and i cant try another video card cause this is the only pcie grahix card i got. anybody have any ideas? thx

by the way, my video card drivers are brand new as of yesterday, forceware version 78.01

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

The only thing i can think of is a PSU problem!
    What PSU are you running and is it possible to test it in another computer?

3. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

i am using the modstream 520 via OCZ

4. pelvis_3

Is it possible to test it in another computer?
    OR do you have another power supply to test in your computer?

5. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

it is possible, however, the other psus i have are much lower than this one, the closest one i have is an antec trueblu 480W

6. pelvis_3

There is certainly nothing wrong with the Antec 480W, it's not that much lower than the OCZ!

7. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

i would of said that the antec trueblu 480W is better than the modstream 520 (ocz)
    antec is a much better brand aswell, i think.