The reason people like to be controlled...

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Swansen, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

So, i was eavesdropping on my moms friends conversation... omg... its was like implanting ignorance into me head, and i'm not even kidding. Seriously, many don't realize how dumb the populous is.. Anyways, she was going on about the economy and this and that closing down and what they should do, blah blah. First off, she was talking about Pontiac filing bankruptcy... Pontiac is owned by GM.. it won't go belly up, because it can't, GM could die, but Pontiac has nothing to do with it. Its important to mention that she originally said GM... and then changed her mind.. Then she was talking about how there should be fewer retailers in the area, in fact, she suggested there should be one... (monopoly, ZERO competition...(she doesn't understand their prices are the way they are, partly, because of competition)) ..... Then she is going on about how ""things" will have to go back to the way they were, they have to, or else who knows what will happen"..... i kid you not, those were spoken words... Not only was she clueless as to what was actually going on... but she didn't realize we CAN'T go back to how things were... I mean, a lot of the conversation is alluding my memory right now, and probably for the better, but there were worse parts :doh: This is why its so easy to control the populous, THEY ARE F'N DUMB!

2. II Gorn II

II Gorn II Geek

i hate when people talk bad about the economy and know nothing about it

not saying i know anything about it but i let others talk bad about it an listen if they are smart reliable people like that dude above me :chk:

These 2 freshmen at my school were talking all this shit about America's economy when they don't know shit besides their parents opinions and some of the shit they see on the news it was so annoying :doh:

3. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Interesting. I don't like when people mumble about topics, especially government or economic ones, that they don't fully understand either. Jesus, i mean, have you asked anyone "what's the senates job"? You'll get a blank face!
    Partially though Swansen, i'm only 20 years old and don't understand in full detail how our government works, but i too think we'd be better off the way we were in past years. I think things nowadays are too sophisticated for people to handle. Ex. Credit cards, interest rates, financing, and all these other freakin gimicks. In order to lead a hassle-free life, people need to understand first how to work with numbers and unfortunately our American people just aren't ready for it, or should i say, willing to open a book on how our monetary systems work. Credit cards though are the main issue here i believe. If you don't have the money, DON'T BUY IT! Simple.
    And hey... don't mothers know best? :p

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Also i might add, don't take what i wrote so seriously... Even though it may seem like my statements are general, I'm just trying to make some points here...

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

exactly, and DNS[ot]recently i've being learning about TCP/IP & i don't feel able to help anyone with it because i don't fully understand it :confused:[/ot]

6. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Damn, the more i read about DNS and TCP/IP the more confused i am!

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

welcome to my world, i feel i must fully understand it before i can help anyone with it[ot]i just put an url to the DNS section, i have an inherante need to understand the whole guide, starting here[/ot]

8. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

yeah, i'm the same!