Thermal Pad or Thermal Paste?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG, Jun 25, 2005.

1. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

I thought it was idling at 26* C.

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

it dropped to that the other day, didnt stay there for long,

3. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Ahhh, ok. Haven't checked my temps lately, probably low as usual. I just need the money to buy more case fans then I'll be golden.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

lol i need the air temps to come down, its been really hot today and its been maxing out at about 40*C (on a REALLY HOT DAY) so on an average day i'm thinking about 30*C-35*C case temps and about 25*C-30*C cpu temps and i'm expecting my nb to drop to around 49*C

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

thats why its a good idea to invest in an air conditioner haha

6. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Hahaha, yea. Get one of those air conditioners that is mounted in the wall by the floor. then take the side off your case and stick it beside the AC. Goodbye high temps.

7. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

someone actually lodged the air conditioner and soldered it onto his side panel

8. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Thats a really good idea. At one point I thought about using a car radiator for water cooling. That would've killed those crappy 120 mm fan ones. Get a Honda radiator with the elctric fans :good:

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

if thats what ya wanna do, its a bit extreme but if it could be incorporated without major modifications or made to look like it was a part of the case could be quite cool, arent they really loud though?

10. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea. But it would be waaaaaay cheaper than a more extreme solutin and still perform very well.

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

i spose, or jus do what i did, re-think your cooling and but stuff accordingly, i put the old 120mm fan back after taking it out, i now have 2 hdd cooler fans, nb fan, cpu fan, 120mm case fan, 2x80mm case fans, PSU fan - 8 in total, i'm sure people have had more, i could put another 2 in the case and find some space for more, but that's just silly. now i need those cool control units, make the front more exciting and allow control over those fans, hmm yet more money involved, oh well, wen i get some i shall buy them

12. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea I have a fan controller. It's a very very nice thing to have, especially with 2 tornadoes in your case (I think they got up to F5 yesterday). I have.... lets see.... 2 92 mm Tornadoes on the HS, 2 40 mm OTES fans, 2 generic 80 mm LED fans, a NB fan, a 40 mm fan on my mobile HDD rack, and 2 80 mm's in the PSU. So that makes *counts on fingers* 10 fans in all. In the near future I am going to mount 3 40 mm fans on one of those little 5.25" drive bay covers to feed the fury of those Tornadoes. So that will make 13.

13. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

then you'd be counting how many btus your system has haha

14. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, that would be cool. What is a BTU? Doesn't it stand for British Thermal Unit?

15. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

BTU - British Thermal Unit

16. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

haha, it would be awesome to just talk and your friends are like 200CFMs and you're like 12,000btus set on 20

17. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

18. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

holy crap, thats amazing haha

19. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, think of it as a very small 0 pound thrust ramjet.