Thumbin' it up

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ninja fetus, Aug 13, 2004.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

well, i was playing with a lighter and i burned the side of my thumb pretty bad, the next day i had a blister that looked like a camel toe because it had a crease down the middle, i popped it yesterday and tore off the skin. now i have a ...icky....thumb side.
    if the pics are ok, you should see how ewwy this thumb is. if they suck then it will look like a thumb. just with a red spot.

just thought you should see it.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

*psst. Fire is hot!

I've burned myself with a soldering iron once. That left a mark.

3. ninja fetus

i dropped a soldering iron across my middle finger...except that time i realized that soldering iron hot.
    when i burnt my thumb i didnt realize it was burning until i stared at it for a good 3 seconds. lol slow reaction time kicked in there real good.

4. dansicotte

dansicotte Geek Trainee

This one takes the cake. Burn of a lifetime.

I got the burn of my life when attempting to remove my old gas water heater.... At the top, there is an exhaust pipe for the spent natural gas to vent through the roof. I thought it had cooled down enough to touch, but when I grabbed on to it, I learned otherwise.

I grabbed onto it with force and pressure, and I actually saw smoke come from my hand. All the oils in my skin instantly evaporated and smoked away. When I jerked my hand away, it had only been in contact for a fraction of a second, but the damn smoke-stack must have been 800 degrees or something.

Several tips of several fingers were smooth, without any fingerprints.. The only thing that saved me from super pain, and long term deep burns was what I did right away.

As soon as I was burned, I ran back into the house and got some frozen bags of vegetables out of the freezer and kept all frozen things on my hand. I kept in direct contact with frozen items for over an hour until I couldn't stand it any more. This evidentlly was enough time to draw out all the heat, bring down the swelling, and make it so this didn't turn into a long-term burn.

Take Care.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

:eek: Holy crap.

6. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

another lesson learnt :)

7. ninja fetus

wow i should have done that. i just stared at it saying "Ow." to myself!