Time for a new job...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Big B, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

My current employment has been pretty difficult. The 3rd shift manager takes almost anything you say contrary to what she wants as insubordination, and keeps adding stuff to our department. Also, it's as if nothing we do is ever good enough. She also has my immediate boss's hands tied and neck on the chopping block.

It's time to get outta that hellhole. I've seen one 2nd shift job that might be my ticket out as a IT helpdesk staffer. I've also been told the company is a bit understaffed and might have some higher-up positions available. I'm going in tomorrow with resume in hand. Another perk is that it's a monday - friday job. Be nice to have the weekends free for once.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

too bad :) I'm sure you will get a job :) I just started by new job at the local cineman, I decided againt going for a more business like, retail job, for some reason doesnt appeal to me quite yet! :)

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah. It might after doing the same type of low-end job for 5 years. I'd like to move out of my parents house, but my current job just isn't enought to allow that, even with a room mate.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I guess so, but not quite yet :) though its better paid than my last job, and much less work!

5. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

Best of luck with the new job.

Jobs come and go, but find soemthing your satisfied with, with good working conditions. Thats what's most important. Have fun and dont sweat yourself to death until you have a PhD In Sciences :p

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

PhD...I don't know how much longer I can stand any schooling. If I get this job, it'll be a step in a good direction. Getting paid to play with computers is ideal for me. :D

7. zeus

zeus out of date

jobs!
    I hate looking for jobs!

I got made redundtant about 3 years ago and havent found anything permanent since! The thought of working on the Corn Flakes factory or serving customers makes me ill.

I started a Bsc in Physics last year though so its helping me out a little.
    I think im gonna just gonna try n join the RAF as an officer. If you are going for Pilot of a CO they want you to do a part time degree anyway so its kinda what I want.

Phd in sciences is the life long ambition, 2nd to owning an Edwardian Moanor ;) But I think ill need a Phd first so....