tmobile treo 650 with verizon?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by xboxsoli, Jun 25, 2006.

1. xboxsoli

xboxsoli Geek Trainee

my friend gave me his old Tmobile treo 650 because he upgraded. i currently have verizon and i realized that i dont have a sim card in my verizon phone.
    is there a way i can change my new tmobile treo and make it work with verizon?

thanks

2. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

What do you mean exactly when saying "I realized that I don't have a simcard in my Verizon phone" doesn't it need a simcard in order to work?

Is it some kind of special phone supplied only by Verizon that doesn't require a simcard?

If that's the case, then you problably won't be able to make the Treo 650 work with Verizon, it's a Tmobile device too right. If you want to use that phone you'll have to go with Tmobile, or you could go and have your sim lock removed so you can get it to work with other providers.

Good luck,

Marcus

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Have you asked Verizon if the phone is usable on their network. If it is, they may be able to allow it to work.

4. xboxsoli

xboxsoli Geek Trainee

i will have to call and ask. as for the sim card i took the battery out of the verizon phone and there was no card or even a slot for one so i think the settings are like built in. i will call verizon tomorow.

5. syngod

syngod Moderator

There is no way to make it work. GSM phones have all the programming done on the sim card while CDMA phones like Sprint & Verizon have all the programming built into the phone.

Unfortunatley the only major carriers you'd be able to use the Treo with would be Cingular or T-Mobile.