tnt2 m64

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by falcon1, Dec 13, 2001.

1. falcon1

falcon1 Geek Trainee

hi everyone,
    i have a P233MMX, 96Mb RAM, 16bit SB sound card. I have tried to install a TNT2 M64 32Mb video card but it is not installing properly. I have tried the drivers that came with it, drivers off the net but nothing works. It installs, asks me to reboot, and after it reboots it loads up in 16 color mode and says that the hardware(TNT2 M64 32Mb) was not installed properly and then asks me to reinstall. I have no idea whats wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What OS are you using?
    I'd also suggest getting some detonator drivers off Nvidia's site, not necessarily the newest, but that might help.

3. falcon1

falcon1 Geek Trainee

thanks for the reply. Im using windows 98 S E. I have tried the dirvers off the nvidia site yet even they don't work. I have installed direct X 8.1 and that didn't help. Again any help would be great

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Are you using those automatic installers or the zipped up ones where you find the driver?

Did you disable your antivirus and uninstall the drivers before upgrading?

I can't explain why it's doing that, but best of luck!

If I think of anything else to try, I'll post it.

5. PostCode

PostCode Geek Trainee

You may need to install the chipset drivers for that motherboard.

6. Gmlynx

Gmlynx Geek Trainee

Tried updating the BIOS?

If you have another system to try it in do it.

If the onboard memory bus is damaged then it can't use the full setting of the card and will say the drivers are wrong.

And is it a 'Couger' PCI card by any chance?