trace

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Jecht, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

i am running windows xp pro w/sp2.

how come i when i try to use the tracert command it says "tracert not a valid win32 application"? for example if i say tracert mediacollege.com

it then gives me that error...following by stating in the command prompt directly below it "Denied".

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

In this case, your tracert.exe file is corrupt. I attached a copy of that file from my XP SP2 installation. Just extract the exe file from this zip-archive, and put it into the folder /windows/system32.

Attached Files:

3. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

it seems a lot of applications on my system 32 folder are corrupted, i think thats point to a certain virus. cant run ping , regedit tasklist and a few others , know a fix? i think w/e is causing this is also responsible for not allowing my computer to restart or be shutdown unless i hit the buttons on the case

4. RHochstenbach

5. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

ok im scanning with housecall rite now i'll post back with the results

6. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

just found a few cookies

7. RHochstenbach

Dit you ever had some kind of power failure or ever needed to reset your computer? Because in this case, the files on your harddisk can get corrupted.
    EDIT: You can check it by doing the following: go to command prompt (start > programs > accesoires > command prompt). Enter the command chkdsk C: /f. At every question, answer Yes (Y). It might want to schedule a disk scan at boottime, so reboot your computer.

8. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Windows Repair.