Transformers

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by donkey42, Jul 25, 2007.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i thought i'd jump onto the "Transformers" band wagon with these vids

firstly i'll start with the funny ones, here and here
    [ot]that first vid just gets funnier[/ot]
    but there are a few trailers for the film on the net like this & this

and here is what appears to be the unedited UK commercial, here

Edit: it looks like quite a good film, however they always put the best bits in the trailers, but we'll see

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I've only heard good things about it :) gonna be watching it soon!

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well it certainly does look good from those trailers, like i said, we'll see[ot]we never get the good stuff first in the UK[/ot]

4. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

I'm hopefully seeing it Saturday with my partner. It looks good visually, but we shall see.

5. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

The movie looks great, I gotta see it :)
    [ot]It's much worse here. When movies, music and games are released in all other countries, then it is released in the netherlands :confused:[/ot]

6. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

The game looks pretty good too. :)

[OT]At least the best metal bands come from your area, so that's something to be proud of. :cool:[/OT]

7. jimmymac

jimmymac Geek Trainee

This one is a definate recommend, especially for any of you that grew up with Optimus prime, Megatron, bumblebee or Star scream as a kid.

I myself had countless action figures through my adolescent years and even had the transformers bed covers and wallpaper :D Never forget one christmas when transformers was at its hype and all the kids asked for an action figure. Boxing day saw 7-8 kids all playing, everyone of us had an optimus prime, needless to say figuring out a winner was baffling :chk:

As for the film, well I grinned from ear to ear from the opening scenes right to the final credits. I felt like a kid all over again, if i had been allowed to jump up and down on my seat I would have done. Its just pure escapism and brings out all those feelings you used to have when the greatest toy on earth was in your hands...

Trust me, this one will not dissapoint you unless you are really a nit picky person. Sure people can gripe about the idea of the robots having "lips" but it really doesnt detract from what is on the whole a masterpiece. You'll love it, if you have kids you're kids will love it. Whats better than introducing a younger generation to the thing that gave you so much pleasure as a child and them actually calling it "cool"

:D

8. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

i luvd it tooo...saw it on the biggest screen of the southern hemisphere...Hyots..nd it rocks.

9. donkey42

donkey42 plank

SHUT UP i'm jealous already
    it's about time they realized "we were kids too"

BTW: i had loads of TFs as a kid too

BTW: The Invisible Jump Rope video

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

There's a revival in the love of 80's media as of late. I just hope that the clothing of the day stays dead. They can continue the 80's media though. Our cartoons rocked, as it was still perfectly acceptable to kick someone's ass when they screwed up. Today's kids watch people talk it over. :( They're so deprived of awesomeness.

11. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

i wathed it yesterday.

for what it is, transformers is an awsome movie. The sidekick girlfriend is smoking hot and the robots' special effects are sublime.

but if action and special effects are not your scene and your i deal movie is a character drama then you will also get a hellava lot of laughs out of the pathetic script and the stupidly weak love scenes.

12. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

I would first like to start off by saying OH MAN THEY DID SO WEL ON THIS MOVIE, SERIOUSLY, LIKE WOAH, THEY DID REALLY WELL WITH EVERYTHING AND MAKING SURE TO ADD IN ALL THE LITTLE THINGS THAT REALLY MADE IT GOOD. Yeah, it was seriously crazy, and so well done. There wasn't a moment when you weren't on the edge of the seat, if you were completely caught up in all the suspense and action then you were laughing, and it you were laughing you were feaking out at all the little things that they made sure to include from the transformers series.... well maybe not all of you, but i sure was. For example, when Optimus Prime said Autobots roll out, that was sweet, or my personal fav, when Megatron first woke back up and Starscream told him about what was going on, and Megatron said, you fail me again Starscream. Lol, i cracked up cause Megatron always rags on Starscream. But of coarse there were some things that were a little off, well one namely was bumblebee which was a beetle in the series, which is way different than a camaro. But all the others were pretty close to what they were suppose to be. All in all it was completely amazing, i was throughly impressed and all the bad rumors about the movie turned out to be just that, bad rumors.

13. sjhaycroft

sjhaycroft Geek Trainee

transformers is truely amazing. not a boring moment in it. michael bay is a genius and im willing to say its my favourite movie of the last few years. (nothing can top black hawk down in my eyes :))

14. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Saw it today, amazing film! There wasn't a single moment I hated, very well animated as well. Bit corny in the romance area but films these days seem to be required to include some form of romance. Definitely going to get this on DVD when it comes out! Not to mention buy the game when I have the money. ;)

15. donkey42

donkey42 plank

just found this rap vid on youtube

16. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hi

Yes, I saw this one with the kiddos but I have to say I was a bit taken aback.
    I think that the action scenes were brilliant and some characters like John Torturro were brilliant. Also you could not take your eyes off that girl WTH did they get her from???? But.....

Transformers did not make its mind up what sort of film it is going to be and who is the target audience. Whoever watched the TV show knows that no one dies in Transformers. Yes you get scratched and bruised but not more. The baddies always get away to fight another day. In the UK, the film is rated 12A. That is a good rating but the original Transformers was a really innocent bad v good show, so I was expecting that it would suit my 8 year old. It does not!

This film falls into a Grey area where it is fun and funny and cool for everyone but there some parts which will not appeal to the PG audience. I failed to understand the pathos that is normally ridiculed slightly in comic based flick. Was it serious or for real?

I said before that Spielberg can do no wrong and I still think so. But this film left me pondering. I enjoyed it but...mmmmm....... something did not feel 100% right!

17. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Transformers isn't a Spielberg film though, it's directed by Michael Bay.

I thought it did very well at getting the target audience though, it wasn't too much of a kids film, and it did go well with getting a 12A rating.

18. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yeah, you have to figure the larger audience, that being kids who watched transformers when they were little and not any of the new stuff. So those kids are all a lot older now and mature.

19. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

so, you guys know they are making Transformers 2 right