Ultimate case?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Exfoliate, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I think good ol' ProcalX posted this a while back but I couldn't find it right off...
    http://www.xoxide.com/arctic-cooling-silentium-t2.html
    It's not exactly the most stylish case around but the build quality sounds exceptional and it's more or less totally silent, yet cools things really well. And a major bonus is it comes with an awesome power supply. Do you guys think there's any real modding potential down the road? I'd like to put a smallish side window in it, think that's possible?
    Now I've seen about all the popular cases, including all the ones on Newegg but if you can think of anymore you think I'd like post away. A good quality case that looks cool but has some nice modding potential would be great:)

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

No that case is pretty nice lookin', maybe you could chuck in a fan in the top or front but a side window would make it look a whole lot 'cleaner'.
    I found this case http://www.xoxide.com/logisys-skyrise-black.html that looks cool and has some modding potential.

3. pelvis_3

Oh yeah, and "I" think the CoolerMaster Wavemaster is one of the greatest cases ive seen in a long time, plus would look excellent with a side window and a CCFL or something!

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The price on the one you linked up is incrediable, very nice quality case for the minimal funds spent:good: I wouldn't buy it as it wouldn't exactly come as a big upgrade but for a budget builder it's perfect.
    Silence is pretty important to me, I can take a bit of noise but I always wanted a very quiet rig, the one I liked seems to peg that number at least.
    Yeah the wavemaster is quite cool, reminds me of the Thermaltake Saprano which is also very nice.

5. pelvis_3

Yeah its a good case and i see your point about the budget thing, silence is just as important to me but i realised that silence is hard to equal with performance. I dont know if Coolermaster copied off Thermaltake or vice versa? Ill keep my eye out for a good case, when do you paln on buying one?

6. pelvis_3

7. andyahunt

andyahunt Geek Trainee

I prefer any case by theraltake

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thank you, those are all excellent and beautiful cases but a little more than I can afford to spend. I realize the X-Plorer comes with a 500wt PSU but I don't imagine it's very high quality as almost all case psu's are so that sort of taints the deal. I like the full circle one, I say a similar model that I prefer but it's 'easy access' ports were on it's right side which will not work for how my case will be mounted:(

9. pelvis_3

sorry bout that, ill still keep my eye out for you, BTW what price range are you after?

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Really apprecite this mate. I'm looking at sub $100, I can go over in rare exceptions but there has to be a reallly good reason. The one I linked up first is actuallly a pretty affordable highend case when you concider the quality Powersupply, factors like that make a difference.

11. pelvis_3

yeah that case is good, i particularly like the shiny metal finish but i thought it was an aquired taste! i didnt take much notice of the PSU but i know what you mean about how they always come with crap ones. my old case came with a crappy 400W job and burned out in 2 months and took 2 capacitors beside my CPU with it!

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ooooh, that's rought:( The PSU sounds amazing in the Silentium. Seasonic is a very good brand and
    Sounds pretty impressive to me, just hope the amps are good :/

13. pelvis_3

ok cool, sorry i didnt mean to make you have doubts but what can ya do?
    (OFF TOPIC) where is trescott, maine BTW?

14. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No problem, I brought this upon myself, better to know now than possibly blow it later. But if it can run a 6800Ultra that consumes more power a 7800GTX seems possible.

off topic: Trescott, is in the very eastern tip of Maine, USA. Only about 300 people live there and the only store is a bar:p Better not delve into this as it's unrelated.

15. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

16. pelvis_3

are those wheels on the bottom?
    bit pricey though.

17. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yeah i know but its amazing with cooling, holds ahell lot of hard drives and optical drives, and thats kind of why you need the wheels and lian lis are priced becasue many can tell you, they are quality cases

18. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's pretty cool but way overpriced, I see no reason why they should charge almost $300 for something like that, it's not even screwless.

19. pelvis_3

Exfoliate likes this.
  20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow, the top one rocks! I really like that design and how the window looks, thanks dude. Clear is cool but a little poor for noise reduction, I'd build it as a budget backup rig for fun if I had more money than I knew what to do with.

I may reall concider the top one if Arctic Cooling writes me back and tells me their power supply won't provide enough juice for the 7800GTX.